Monday, March 24, 2008

$500.00 Grant

I was in school today. I registered for Spring Classes. While I was at the Dean of Advisement, he noticed that my GPA was 4.00 (PRETTY AWESOME!!) He was asking me if I was working while I go to school and I said I am. He asked me how I managed my time and still get a great grade. I told him, I am just truly blessed! A new career opportunity opened up for me while I was thinking of going back to school. A less stressful job, yet I get paid better.LOL. So he recommended that I should see Financial Aid and see if they can offer me a scholarship. The Dean said, that because of my grades, I will be receiving a letter and award as I will be in the President's list. He said to keep the letter because it will be a great thing to add to my portfolio that I can use when applying for a job.


So after registering the classes that I wanted, I went to Financial Aid office and the Director welcome my friend and I to his office. He congratulated me for an awesome semester (winter) where I got a 4.0 GPA. He granted me $500.00 more for having that grade. He wished me luck and wished that I will maintain my grade.

It was not until then that it hits to me that I have underestimated myself all this time. I have worked hard for this tho. And I hope I can maintain my grade. Wish me luck folks!!

3 comments:

Lou said...

Way to go!

Beth said...

Congratulations Jackie :)

Unknown said...

aim higher! Best of luck Sugarpie!