Thursday, May 8, 2008

9 a.m

Today, I got a call from my boss. Barely awake, I answered the phone anyway. He asked me if I could do the weekly report and submit it to our Regional Sales Manager and I was like YES, I will do it..Arghhh..Do you do the same? I would do anything for my job. That is how much I love and enjoy my work. I miss it when I am not there. I was off since yesterday and I miss being there already. I cannot wait to get back to work.So today after my boss called, I tried to log in to our system using the token the company gave me to access the system from home but for some reason the token was not working. So I rushed myself to work and they were all surprised to see me there on my day off. My manager of the branch asked me why I am there instead of enjoying my day off and I told him what I had to do. He told me, You are your boss' blessing! And I just smiled.

For five years, work has been my "SANCTUARY". I know, I know it sounds crazy and you are probably thinking, what the hell is wrong with her. But believe me, at work, I can be myself and excel at what I do. I can talk to people, I can answer the phone, I can shake people's hand without thinking someone will get upset. At work, I can laugh with friends. ohhh what a life!.lol

I love what I do and I love the place I am in. I have plenty of opportunities to leave for better salary but I did not.But I love HSBC. I fall inlove with the bank and the company. And with every opportunities the company has presented to me, I never fail to thank them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That what is more important thing, when you love your job. Kung happy dili bale nang sweldo or naa pay mas dagko na offer, who knows in years to come you will become the head on HSBC.

Lucky you!