Friday, November 30, 2007

Life at Work


Finding a job here in the US wasn't easy at all. First I was so hesitant because I did not have any experience when it comes to banking. Feeling so, I still applied for a job in the bank as a part time teller. My son was 3 months old then, so I didn't want to work fulltime. He was too young but I really had to work and I felt bored being at home. So I applied for the job close to where we lived at that time. Months after, I was offered full time hours. So I decided to take it. Things happened so fast that after 9 months, they offered me a position as a Head Teller. Every opportunites I took and I see it as a blessing and at the same time a challenge. I was a Senior Customer Service for a 3 years and recently in January of this year, I got promoted as a Consumer Banker. I love dealing with customers. If you are not a people-person, this job is not for you. Besides the goals you have to meet every month, you always make sure, that you go beyond your call of duty. You make sure that you go that extra mile to make the customer happy. Customer service is the life blood of the banking industry.


Anyway, I am going to be with the bank for almost 5 years now and everyday is always a brand new day. Things change everyday. It is exciting and I am loving every moment I am of service to my clients.


I love my job. I take pride being with the World's Local Bank.

No comments: